Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Integration of Various Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

Number of posts : 352
The Integration of Various Ideas Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100The Integration of Various Ideas Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-30

The Integration of Various Ideas Empty
PostSubject: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:31 am

I was thinking, since people are trying to get different ideas into RoKK that go beyond simple little suggestions that are instead pieces of lore unto themselves (croms for example), how should we go about this? Honestly, I believe it would be a good idea to limit the fully formed concepts and in a sense... assimilate what we can into the lore of RoKK.

Assimilation involves a butchers knife unfortunately. But for the sake of making things flow it is necessary.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415
The Integration of Various Ideas Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100The Integration of Various Ideas Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 am

First of all, we need to make sure that the author of such lore for submission gives the Council the right to butcher it as we see fit. We aren't communists after all.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Also if we're to assimilate ANY history we need do a few things:
1) Have a history to assimilate it into. As of now we have my un-approved (and looking unlikely to BE approved) history, some minor area-specific history of the individual countries we've made, and the random gibbering of the logz (which I still can't read)

2) Area-specific history. We don't actually have to do this but we should make public the borders of the countries we have made, and make another number public. i.e. when and how that area became that country. This way we don't get 200 submissions (I wish, I really do)we're forced to disbar because they're all happening at the same time, same place, many of which are mutually exclusive, and none of which can actually happen because the country it happened in hadn't been formed yet.
Back to top Go down
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:45 pm

I was thinking of having a system like that. Selectable starting positions, in a sense.
Back to top Go down
Crom The Conqueror

Crom The Conqueror

Number of posts : 155
The Integration of Various Ideas Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100The Integration of Various Ideas Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Well it’s hard for anyone who wants to submit lore because we have no grounds on which to give suggestions. So far we've only had (two?) confirmed countries and considering the size of Ara'niel that’s really nothing at all. I know my opinion means little but unless it is extremely controversial or the council hates it or feels it doesn't belong a first come, first serve precedence should be put into place. Obviously the Council’s ideas usurp that of others but you guys seriously need to show some of your own stuff before you shoot down and butcher other people’s ideas. That being said I’m more then open to having my stuff adapted to the lore as long as I’m involved.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:55 pm

I've been trying....god knows I've been trying...but since we can't seem to get a voting majority, let alone a voting, agreeing majority. It's rather difficult toget anything out...

As it stands
1)MN doesn't vote
2)Aerywyn sometimes votes but I, at least, have never seen him give a clear "Yes" or "no" answer.
3)Chaos votes
4)I vote
5)Once in a blue moon me and chaos do NOT directly oppose each other on the voting matter.
Back to top Go down
Crom The Conqueror

Crom The Conqueror

The Integration of Various Ideas Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100The Integration of Various Ideas Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:06 pm

How about you make a rule where you're allowed to vote without Ninja and then that way Aerywyn can be ousted by a majority vote with you and chaos?
Back to top Go down
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:58 pm

I normally am in the mindset that 'hey, I'll post, see if its more appealing when put differently', but I'm rarely countered on that and it's left dormant.

And yes, I have given a straight yes or no, but I rarely do that on first glance. You want me to take a firmer stance, then I will, but at the moment half these posts arent showing up for me... ah, things are tense right now...

And we have 5 confirmed nations I think.
Back to top Go down
Crom The Conqueror

Crom The Conqueror

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:18 pm

What are these five confirmed nations?
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415

Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Kailzimoth, Mearcia, Almeoth-Mardeo, MK, Atimar. Don't worry about being left out of the loop, we're not worrying about releasing kingdoms to the public until we have it much more developed.
Back to top Go down
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:53 am

Also, if anyone wants to go stomping around demanding to know why it's moving slowly, and why activity at least on my part is low, then blame school and HSC. End of 12 years of school is usually a bit hectic, especially when you're trying to salvage marks and lie exhaustedly amongst a pile of disorder.

I'm in charge of a lot of the physical aspects of RoKK, so yah.
Back to top Go down
Crom The Conqueror

Crom The Conqueror

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:43 am

I got no problem with the speed. Hell I was completely gone the last five days due to real life stuff.
Back to top Go down
Panther-Anthro

Panther-Anthro

Number of posts : 36
The Integration of Various Ideas Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Integration of Various Ideas Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Heh, well I think you guys did a great job so far, you have my accolades, and applause. A lot of you, write a lot better then I would've thought you do. Congratulations, and a good job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerisle.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Integration of Various Ideas   The Integration of Various Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Integration of Various Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Realms of Kar'Kaish :: General Purposes :: General Discussion-
Jump to: