Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kail'traesht

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
doomcowgod

doomcowgod

Number of posts : 170
Kail'traesht Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Kail'traesht Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Kail'traesht Empty
PostSubject: Kail'traesht   Kail'traesht Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:53 pm

We walked for a long time. We've been walking for a long time. But I can't stop, and because I don't stop, she won't stop. So we walk, for our prey will not stop either.

My name is Es'tail. I am a Kailzim. I am a hunter. I am hunted. I hunt the half-breeds that would seek to destroy our people, but most of all, I hunt her. My King decreed it to be so, and so it shall be. So I hunt her. And I will not, cannot stop until I can bring her head back to my King.

The Half-breeds seek to destroy our people. They nearly did so during the Descent, 2 long years ago. The Kait'el were nearly wiped out during those months of strife. The Half-breeds rose up, and attacked us, and when the Kait'el saw us destroy the Half-breeds, they attacked us too. Few survived the slaughter, and fewer still would follow the remnants of the Kailzim afterwards. But some knew the truth of the matter. They knew the Half-breeds were at fault, not us.

Our Lord Kail foresaw this, and was prepared. But not prepared enough. The Half-breeds destroyed innumerable towns and cities, and many more were emptied when the Kait'el turned on us. But we will be strong again. The Half-breeds will be destroyed, and Kailzimoth will be ours once more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am roused by Savia at dawn. She looks resplendent, the sun behind her shimmering off her blond hair, making it glow like the dew on the ground. She smiles, and I rise to my feet. We pack up our few belongings and once again resume our march.

Our prey is closer than ever before. We see sign of her entourage all along our march. And it is fresh. She has made a frantic pace all these years, and we have strayed ever farther from our beloved homeland. But it is no longer truly my homeland. My homeland was destroyed when the Half-breeds sacked Kail'zeer in the dead of night. My family died. My friends died. Everyone but me died. Because I was with the King when he destroyed their host. I went to help my people, and ended up failing everyone I held dear.

There is no time for self pity. Savia takes my hand, and we walk on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savia is Kait'el. I cannot forget that. She follows me because it is her duty. But I know she loves me. I think I have only been kind to her. But still, she must do her duty. And I must let her. When the Half-breeds, or even human brigands attack us, I must reopen the flow-scars along her legs, so that we can stay alive and complete our mission. Her blood is neccesary for our survival. And that is why she follows me.

The sun sank bellow the horizon long ago, and any light to find sign with is gone. We make camp. The moon is massive in the sky, full for the second time in 4 fortnights. It is a magical evening. Savia's hair glistens in the moonlight, her round eyes wide and happy. And then I realize something that will always haunt me. My eyes widen in shock and my breathing and heartbeat quicken. Savia asks what is wrong, but I do not answer. I do not trust myself to answer.

I think I love her too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We march. We march, and march, and march. I march us relentless on, for if I stop, I think, and if I think, I have to ponder my feelings. And I do not want to do that. Not at this critical juncture. Too much rests on our shoulders to ponder such things. The sun rises and sets in the same predictable pattern, each day holding the same that the previous does. There is the road, there are the shadows, and there is the sign our quarry leaves behind. Their group has dwindled since our chase first began, so very long ago. Less than a score, perhaps only a dozen, remain of their once-veritable horde.

The sun rises, the sun sets, we rest, we rise, and the march continues.

Last edited by doomcowgod on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rokk.darkbb.com
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415
Kail'traesht Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Kail'traesht Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Kail'traesht Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kail'traesht   Kail'traesht Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:43 pm

... Damn Doom. That's emotion sparking. I think I may let you have a Kailzim... Still up to the council though, and only after I make mine first... if it is to happen. But still... That's soo much like what the Kailzim are, although you played with the words, and allowed humans to survive. That may not be a bad idea though...
Back to top Go down
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

Number of posts : 352

Registration date : 2008-03-30

Kail'traesht Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kail'traesht   Kail'traesht Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:58 pm

They're your creation Chaos. Still... I am damn well impressed.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Kail'traesht Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kail'traesht   Kail'traesht Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Also, I think you meant Lord Kaim. But still... this warrants a re-read... it's so good.
Back to top Go down
doomcowgod

doomcowgod

Number of posts : 170
Kail'traesht Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Kail'traesht Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Kail'traesht Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kail'traesht   Kail'traesht Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 pm

I figured they needed some of the humans to survive to continue working their magic.
Back to top Go down
https://rokk.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Kail'traesht Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kail'traesht   Kail'traesht Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kail'traesht
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Realms of Kar'Kaish :: Realms of Kar'Kaish :: Role-Playing-
Jump to: