Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

Number of posts : 209
Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Empty
PostSubject: Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest   Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:40 am

Moriv ghosted along through the underbrush.

The caravan was following the dirt road below and to his right, the narrowness had forced them to go single file, the workers jogging up and down, mostly just tying things to other things. What was of more concern were the guards walking on either side of the wagons, clearly each was assigned to a wagon, as they didn't fall forward or backward to converse with friends.

Crouching on the balls of his feet Moriv let out a three toned whistle, sounding a bit like a bird. Waiting for a moment he listened. The whistle was taken up ahead of him, and echoed into the distance.

They would be ready. With a feral grin he moved on through the underbrush, not a single leaf left out of place behind him, though oddly, a small band of them about two inches wide had died.

I really must get that crack in my scabbard repaired he thought as he watched the line of death following him.

(Originally posed by BurningIce)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerisle.org
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest   Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:41 am

Ursong jumped again. He grabbed onto a tree branch and climbed up. He jumped again to the next branch following the caravan at the side. Winion was on his shoulder making squeaky sounds. Ursong ignored him and kept moving.He saw the men at the sides of the wagon. They were ready for anything. Ursong would to.

"Sai," Ursong whispered and Winion expanded in size. He leaped onto Winion's back and floated ontop of one the wagons. "This will give me a better view," he muttered.

(Originally posted by Xootie)
Back to top Go down
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

PostSubject: Re: Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest   Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:41 pm

It was quiet on the mountain side...very quiet...too damnably quiet...

Ezsrah stalked in the shadows alongside the caravan, as he was apt to do, watching the forest to his left and right with a trained eye...

And then he heard it, three tones whistled, echoing across the mountain side, until they were answered by a similar tone further a ways down the path. They sounded like birds, if birds had lips... Although to the washed noise of human hearing they probably sounded the same. Ezsrah, however, was not human, and hadn’t been human, for a very long time.

And for the life of him, he couldn’t recall seeing a single bird during the entire trek up the mountain side...

Something was coming...an ambush more then likely...

He looked around him to see if anyone else had reached the same conclusion as he had. The more grizzled veteran mercenaries looked on edge, clearly noting the likely hood of ambush, but not having deduced they were already walking into one. The younger ones marched onwards, ignorance and naivety blinding them as surely as a cloth would if it were tied over their eyes.

Ezsrah sighed, turning his eyes away from them in disgust, more then likely they were all going to be slaughtered...unless...

No,’ he thought, hardening his heart, as his hand fell to the fang, ‘That is not my path...not anymore...

Well then lad...what exactly do you plan on doing...

Ezsrah stopped in mid step and looked down at his sword, remembering he was no longer so alone in his thoughts. A smile that bore no humor crossed his face as he continued to walk down the path.

'What I was paid to do.'

Alright lad it’s your call...

Ezsrah sighed, sensing the disappointment in the disembodied voice of his sword. He took the sword and held it aloft before him, studying it hard in the shadowed light.

Moments passed, before an irrated snarl passed through his lips.

“Alright, where the hell is that guy who paid us...” he growled, as he replaced the sword at his waist.

That ah boy
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415
Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest   Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:10 pm

Ashas and Masil sat across from eachother, looking out the window of their wagon. The inside was rather spacious, with a bunk area and somewhat of a small dining room. They sat on opposite magically-woven cotton loveseats, seperated by a round, wooden table tinted with the color of cherries.

Ashas closed his eyes and leaned back, readjusting himself into the corner of his seat. When he opened his eyes, Masil was staring back at him. Ashas chose to look down, raising his ringed hand into his own view and began to twist the rings with his other hand.

"I know what you're doing, Masil."

Masil looks at him curiously, knowing that Ashas had something planned. He wasn't worried as to what Ashas knew, or, rather, what he thought he knew. It wouldn't change much.

"Oh?"

"Yes."

Ashas grinned looking up at Masil briefly, then snapped one of his fingers. The windows and the door of the wagon shut slowly.

"It's quite a beautiful plan. Hiring all of these mercenaries for protection on our way to visit Sazil... Many of them practice magic or carry likewise items... It's even a demographic we're not really able to regulate, either."

Masil's demeanor took a more serious tone.

"You believe that you can surmise the entirety of the Inquisition's plans, Ashas?"

Ashas sat back in his seat, defensively.

"Oh no, my friend. I'm merely complimenting the strategy behind it all. Then again, it's only your secondary objective... isn't it?"

"Are you here to patronize me, Ashas? I haven't the time for it."

Ashas leaned forward, planting both arms on the table with hands clasped together. His eyes narrowed on Masil.

"I know you're here to inspect Master Sazil. A member of the Inquisition wouldn't travel this far out when the Inquisition itself is having so much trouble closer to home without wanting to inspect someone... important."

"Master Sazil is one of the highest ranking mages. If that were truly my objective, why would the Inquisition have given him so much free reign thus far?"

Ashas smirked at Masil.

"Even the more reason to give him a little check-up now. He's late, after all."

Masil slid off of the loveseat, stood, and turned towards the bunks, waving behind him.

"Believe what you will, Ashas. It matters not... although it would probably be within your best interest not to question the Inquisition."

As Masil disappeared into the shadows of the bunkroom, Ashas leaned back and sighed. With a snap of his fingers, the windows opened again, and he looked outside towards the trees.

This could be trouble... I can't have a member of the Inquisition potentially harming Master Sazil.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415
Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest   Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Traistyn and Vixi, both clothed in their blue robes, followed the caravan to the rear. They had little privacy during the journey here, and even less crowded by so many mercenaries, but their position offered as much privacy as they may need. Those who would listen in would just shrug it off as none of their business.

Vixi sighed, looking down at her feet as she walked.

"Traistyn... you needn't have come. You know that, and I know it bothers you to be here."

Traistyn looked briefly at his friend, then back towards the few wagons ahead of them.

"I came because you decided to go. This is a dangerous area, after all. Besides, we'll be able to see Sazil."

Vixi looked up and glared at Traistyn from underneath her blue hood.

"Oh, please. I know you better than that. You could care less about seeing Master Sazil."

Traistyn looked back at her, undaunted by her glare.

"That doesn't change the fact you could easily end up in a dangerous situation."

Vixi paused and then sighed, looking back down at her feet.

"So you don't think I can handle myself against a group of bandits? I'm not capable... is that it?"

Traistyn stopped walking suddenly, letting Vixi continue for a bit until she realized he had stopped. She turned around, facing him with curiousity.

"No, that isn't it, Vix. You're a very capable mage of high rank. Regardless of that, I'm your friend, and friends are protective of one another. Do you disagree?"

Vixi bowed her head in defeat.

"Now... are you going to keep criticizing my actions, or shall we continue on and enjoy this walk together?"

Vixi looked up at Traistyn, a small smile on her face, before turning and walking on. Traistyn caught up within a couple steps, and they resumed their guard duty of the rear flank.

Fayru focused intently on Torin, sitting opposite of him in the medical wagon.

I can't let him wander off again... Master Ashas told me to keep a strict watch of him, and I end up not being able to find him for hours...

A look of worry permeated on her face.

Ohh... I hope that Master Ashas hasn't found out... He surely wouldn't be happy if he knew...
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest   Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Torin shifted uncomfortably in the wagon. He wasn't terribly comfortable in confined spaces, and the female mage was staring at him. Still staring as a matter of fact. Conversation had died out a nearly an hour ago, and even his usual skin of companionable indifference had begun to wear thin.

He sighed. The woman had confiscated all his knives, and stored them in a locked cabinet, easy enough to break into, but he suspected it would end poorly if he tried. The woman had also taken his staff, giving him a cane instead after his last little adventure. Only a pity he hadn't managed to find Ashas before the woman had found him last time, and herded him off, practically clucking like a mother hen all the while.

He snorted as the thought of his situation, not quite kidnapped, not quite going along of his own will. He cast about, his blind eyes seeking out something to focus on, anything really, but the long silence was beginning to grate on his nerves.

He held one hand up and twitched his long fingers. Years of carving precise designs had left hims with deft hands. Years of doing other things had given him a happy education in misdirection.

He grinned at the woman.
"Want to see a trick?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest   Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Part 3 - Mountain Forest
Page 1 of 1