Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alazair

Alazair

Number of posts : 72
Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-10

Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Empty
PostSubject: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:51 pm

With your antics over the past few years, you've decided it's time to move from Nexus, the city you've been living in. Not wanting to go to the militant, structured Lookshy for somewhat obvious reasons, you decide to join a merchant caravan traveling into the Marukani lands.

The long trip was quite uneventful and to your liking. The merchants didn't ask too many questions for your comfort, but provided some much needed company and entertainment for the long journey. Arriving in Mishaka, you bid the merchants farewell as they go off to continue the work of their business and you are free to begin yours.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482
Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Oh the money I could have made off that lot with another week to gain their trust, I didn't even gamble with drovers...Ah well, I suppose one wasted opportunity won't hurt me.

Carede coughed a little and re-adjusted the pack on his shoulder, and glanced about the small city square he had parted from the merchants in.

I suppose first things first, I had best find a place to stay for a few days, then scope out the city, see if I can set up a few games of Find the Lady for starters, investigate the money lenders....erk, I best see how active the watch is too. Ah, but first an inn, preferably with a tavern attached.

With a gentle tug on the reigns he walked his horse down the street. He didn't find a tavern or an inn. He tried another street. No inn.

With a frown he finally sighed and grabbed a passerby.
"Would you be so kind as to direct me to a relatively cheap inn of decent repute friend?" he said, flashing the man a smile, and giving him the steady unwavering gaze of an honest man. He had spent a lot of time cultivating that gaze.

The man stammered out a series of directions and Carede thanked him with a beaming smile. He followed the man's directions and eventually came to an inn. A bit more run-down than the buildings in the square he had come from it nonetheless looked respectable.

He wandered into the stables, and passed off the reigns to the stablehand, before entering the inn proper, looking about for the innkeep.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:31 pm

Walking into the pleasantly warm building, you promptly pick out a man behind the bar routinely serving drinks and ordering the waitresses around. The room is quite a bit more full than you might have expected at this time of day. You notice a staircase on the right wall of the building leading, presumably, up to the rooms.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:59 pm

With a little smile Carede walked forward towards the bar, when he felt a little nuzzle on the back of his neck.
He groaned inwardly. This would be the time 'sedge would pop his head out. He didn't let it show as he approached the bar where he took a seat and smiled at the bartender.

"The proprietor I assume?" Carede flashed a smile. "How much for one of your rooms for a few nights? And stabling for a horse?" he asked, idly spinning a single coin on the bar like a top.

'sedge for his part, had climbed out on Carede's arm, and was sniffing at the drink of another man in the bar, and making little begging sounds at the bowl of nuts.

I swear to god, it's like a child bent on making as much mischief as possible. I think I actually miss when he was only really active at night. Waking up with a face full of fur or no.

He cocked his head and waited for the answer, a dozen plans running through his head, not least getting 'sedge to do a little night time pilfering of the place, though if he didn't send the blighter out with instructions he was more likely to get half eaten crusts back than anything of value.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:37 pm

"Few nights? And a horse? That'll be 'bout 7 Yen," the thin man of average height says as he reaches under the counter for a key. "You'll get the room at the top o' the stairs, down two, and on the right. So, you're new here in town, I take it?" Looking at your pet, he smiles. "Tha's a cute little feller ya got there." After serving a drink to another patron, he turns back to you, "Well, make yerself at home. And jus' tell me if ya need anythin'. My name's Tahn," he smiles warmly.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:40 pm

"Aye." Carede said warmly as he took out the required coins "I just rolled in as a matter of fact. Got a job lined up but, wouldn't you know it? Paperwork got fouled up and they won't be ready for me for another two weeks. Don't suppose you know of somewhere where I can get some short work for a week or two?" he laughed "I doubt I'll be having much more than water for the next fortnight otherwise. The merchants I came down with practically skinned me."

Inwardly Carede smirked. The man had well and truly stepped in it. 'Sedge was an incorrigible beggar, and he could as good as understand human speech. After hearing the mans comment it was inevitable that 'Sedge would hound him for every scrap of food and attention the little scamp could wring out of him.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Taking the coins, Tahn thinks for a moment. "Well, I don't really know what there is. But I'm sure there's lots of things that need doing. You might try some of the stables. They seem to always need more help. Mine is taken good care of, but there are lots of stables in this city."

A moment after Tahn had finished speaking, the building slightly shakes from what sounds almost like an explosion. Everybody begins to run outside and see what had just happened. Following them, you get out the doorway just in time to see a man surrounded by a raging inferno rush past at speeds twice what any normal man could achieve. He leaves a trail of fire where his feet step that seems to stick to the ground even though the street is only dirt.

Looking around, you see a bright, pale yellow light from behind a few buildings; a light that only a Solar's Anima could create.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:47 pm

Carede's mind seemed to freeze over, and he got a sudden feeling, as if he were standing on the ledge of a precipice.

Merciful Dragons... he thought. One of the Ana-a Solar beyond and a Terrestrial running. There's precious little else it could have been other than a fight, and now the Dragon-Blooded know there's a Solar Exalt in this city. Or will when that one finds his mates...If he finds his mates. Flaming footprints seem like they would be easy to track.

He snorted at the thought. Another Solar had already tried the same thing, and hadn't managed to succeed. Why should he fare any better? Dismissing the point he made a mental note to not attract any unnecessary attention for a while.

Turning towards the light he felt a strange...tug. Almost as if something was compelling him to go towards it. He balked. Every instinct he had picked up over the last few years screamed at him not to go. Yes, such an event would cause chaos, and in chaos there was opportunity, but at the same time there was a limit. This sort of thing was more likely to present the opportunity of running for his life, than fiscal gains. He had never been one to distrust his instincts, for better of for worse. Nope, he wouldn't go investigate this. Of course not. Such an act would be silly and irresponsible and foolish.
But he would go for a walk. He did, after all, have to scout out the city for opportunities.

He wandered back into the stables and patted his now-stabled horse, before going digging through the pack of belongings and clothes still in the saddle bag. He found what he was after in short order, a rolled up blanket in an oilskin covering, two leather wrapped handles just barely peeking out from between the rolls of the blanket. He slung it over his back and exited the stables.

After all, it wouldn't be good for anyone to find these while I'm away. It's not like I think I might have use for them.
'Sedge for his part, immediately burrowed into the folds of the blanket, and squirmed a little. His nose just peeking out of the blanket.

Stepping back out into the street, Carede glanced around once or twice before turning and walking down the street, threading through the crowds. After a few minutes of walking, he took a turn, at random. A few more and he decided to wander down an alley.

A few more turns later he dimly realized he was heading directly for the light.

Ah. Well. I suppose there's as much city this way as there is in any other direction. So long as I don't get mixed up in anything it will be fine.

He whistled as he walked. He didn't know why but he felt somehow...right. Tiny snoring sounds started to come from the blanket sac on his back
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:26 am

While walking toward the crisp, pale yellow light, you take the time to look at everything as you pass and to enjoy the leisurely walk. You pass by a small merchant square off to one side and, inevitably wherever there are merchants, near to the square is a seedy back ally that looks to be where any thieves would run after stealing something from one of the stalls or people milling about with full purses. You notice that there are far more stables in this city than you are accustomed to. As you continue walking and the buildings become more residential, the glow in front of you suddenly bursts forth, becoming brilliantly white for a few brief moments before fading back to it's usual crisp pale yellow.

Approaching near enough to finally lay eyes upon the being the illumination is shining from, you see a tall man, greatsword in hand, walking slowly toward what appears to be the edge of town. He was obviously in a fight with the inferno of a man as evidenced by the few burn marks on his clothing. He seems to be in a cross mood at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:30 am

Carede strolled into the square, watching the blaze of a man carefully. He made sure to walk small here, the last thing he wanted was to be noticed. As the man walked away, Carede realized that he had been sweating. He was nervous, out of place. He took several deep breaths.

I am no-one. I am everyone. I am just a part of the crowd, I have a dozen histories, and a thousand alibis. Just because I was in the same square as that man...No. No one could fault me for an accident of timing.

Carede made some show of examining the stalls of merchants as he wandered about. his eyes however, kept on flicking back to the tavern, and his path was a long winding one, that nonetheless took him slowly and slowly closer to the tavern. As he finally came upon it, he didn't even pause to look at the name, but went right on in, without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:37 am

Entering the tavern again, you find quite a bit more excitement than before. Immediately, you see a man that seems familiar, though you aren't sure why, hanging from one of the rafters by his legs while drinking out of a pitcher with a long straw. As you go to find a seat you notice the cutest little ... monkey. Well, actually, it looks more like a lemur to you, but you're not quite sure what it is. You can only be certain that it is adorable and quite intelligent as it walks among the crowd of people, seemingly enjoying itself.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:42 pm

Carede grinned a little in spite of himself, he couldn't help but be amused by the man's and the monkey's antics, even if it meant that he was unlikely to find the somewhat more grim information he had gone looking for. He wandered over to a table near the hanging man. Grinning and elbowing a passer byes, with sumless bets, and a few jokes he managed to secure a seat at a table fairly close to the center of the room.

He took out a pack of cards(suitably, and subtly marked of course), and began idly shuffling them, trying to catch anyone's eye, to see if he could strike up a game. Men's tongues tended to loosen when they were drunk or otherwise occupied. This little place seemed to have taken care of the first, winning a few games against the silly little man who didn't seem to know how to really play the card game he started would take care of the other.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:19 am

Finishing his pitcher of drink in record time, the man hanging from the rafter jumped down and landed with a light thud, pulling the whole motion into a bow. He then went to sit on a stool at the bar and order a tankard of tea.

This whole time, the lemur has been putting on quite a show, jumping between tables and off anything hanging on the walls. After a short time, it jumps onto the edge of your table and sits there, watching the games and periodically looking at the cards in your or your opponent's hand.

The man across from you seemed to be a simpleton and, if nothing else, provided a way to pass the time. He chatted about the events of his day to day life tending the Marukani Steeds and the odd quirks of those horses in comparison to others.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Carede cocked an eyebrow as the man ordered a whole tankard of tea. A pitcher of beer was usually enough to sate any man, and often two, but then to pile more drink on top of it? The odd man was liable to burst.

Carede pretended to ignore the man and grinned and laughed along, both at the monkeys antics and the man's little jokes he tossed into his speech. Carede wasn't a terrible rider but he had relatively little interest in horses.

He sighed inwardly though, that he hadn't managed to attract anyone more interesting than this fellow. He casually lost the first two rounds despite superior hands, folded on the third, bluffed on nothing on the fourth and lost for it. The other man seemed smug, confident his opponent wasn't quite sure how to play. On the fifth hand Carede dealt himself a nice little hand from the bottom of the deck and took the other fellow for all Carede's money, and some of his too. He sighed a bit to himself, small mark, small profits, he supposed, but he had so been hoping to find someone who was relatively new to the game, and with a great deal of disposable income. He glanced aroudn the seedy tavern. Wrong place for he supposed.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:23 pm

The acrobatic man, now sitting at the bar asked for the bet money he'd accrued for his stunts, took it, then walked toward the largest group of patrons and began speaking with them comfortably, either as if he'd known them for ages, or through a practiced effort of cordiality. He pulled a joint from his pocket, assured there were no protests, then lit it.

Smoking casually and liberally handing joints out to various patrons, he proceeded to create a soft white-gray cloud that swelled in the tavern, causing the patrons to clump more, gathering in large groups to share stories and jokes, filling the building with laughter. The lemur seemed to be having a great time as well, jumping back and forth, hopping onto random peoples' shoulders and performing his usual tricks and antics in an attempt to garner as much attention as he could.

As the hours went by, you having joined the merriment both to enjoy yourself and to learn what you could about the people, the crowd grew with more of the nightly patrons entering. Everybody seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves, having a wonderful night unlike what they may have expected normally.

Suddenly, as the night begins to draw to a close and the patrons are dispersing back to their homes, shouts in the street shatter the joyous mood. Some, you can make out...

"Where did the Anathema go!? Answer me, peasants!"

Going outside to observe more closely, you see a group of four colorfully armored men crowd around some villagers menacingly. The men, obviously Terrestrials by their demeanor and armor, are probably on the hunt for the Solar you saw earlier that day. You aren't certain what you should do, but are quite curious of the other Solar.

A few moments later, you hear a familiar voice from above you, "Excuse me, noble Dragon-Blessed. You seem to be disrupting the general populace in your investigation. Mayhap 'twould be better if you were to ask folks who might know the answer, eh?" the acrobat that has been the center of tonight's festivities grinned playfully as he lay down lazily across the lip of the roof.

Turning around to glare at him, one of the Terrestrials belts out accusingly, "And who might that be? You? Don't get involved in matters that don't concern you. You may find them to be beyond your league."

Last edited by Alazair on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Carede had been lazily enjoying the smoky atmosphere. He didn't smoke himself, perhaps out of some residual desire to live the "clean life", not to mention that when your next meal is by no means certain you don't want to waste time or money on other substances. Still, he quite enjoyed the effects, even if after a while he could no longer quite recall how his cards had been marked, and had to pack it in, only a little ahead of what he'd owned when he came in.
Sedge had woken up sometime during he night, and was scampering about from table to table, pursuing the little monkey. For what reason Carede never knew, nor what happened when and if Sedge ever caught it.

Still he laughed and listened and even bought a round of drinks once. He was well rewarded for it. Teppic the salt merchant had just made a very successful sale, and was looking to invest. A young man by the name of Haragem had just come into an inheritance, and it was widely agreed that the fool of a man had no idea how to properly manage money. He grinned into his cup. A few days more to set up a few contacts, a wash and shave, some fake spectacles, maybe grow a pretentious little mustache and he'd be Jallas Millerson, a well-thought of representative of the Ankhly Brothers Co., Salt Mines Division, who would be more than glad to aid the fine Sir Teppic in his wise choice to invest in the mines, in exchange for a favored customer agreement. The fact that there were no Ankhly Brothers to Carede's knowledge wasn't likely to stop him. A little midnight trip to someplace that produced fine stationary, and a few palms greased to vouch for him would see to that.
As for that Haragem fellow...Carede grinned, easy money really.

Then the shouting came, and drifting in he heard the word "Anathema". Something inside him suddenly shriveled up and froze. No longer was the tap room bright and cheerful, but rather seemed harshly lit, the wafting smoke choking.

The door in the back, jinking it down the alley, up the wall, keeping low across the roof, dropping down into the street and legging it up to the corner, sidestep into the nearest stables, pat a little dust on himself and start brushing down a horse, nothing to set himself apart from any other stable hand across the city. Work it an hour or two until his head and eyes were clear and make it back to the inn.

All this reeled across his mind's eye at the speed of flight, and he was already standing, somewhat unsteadily when his brain caught up with him.
You think no one will notice I left as soon the word Anathema came up? the thought managed to blindside him, impossible as that should be, and he merely stood stock still at his stable.

After a moment or two he threaded his way to the front door and stepped out, leaning against the wall of the tavern, breathing in the cool night air in an attempt to clear his head. He looked down the street at the Terrestrials, and prayed they wouldn't take too much notice of one man just taking in the night. Standing not ar from the door lamp, he strained his ears to hear their words.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 pm

In response to the harsh accusation, the man on the roof whose attitude is oddly addicting spins about and hangs dangerously from the roof by his legs. "Well, of course, me. " He retorts gleefully. "And all matters of the area I entertain are my concern and thus 'in my league'" He said with a mocking tone in imitation of the Terrestrial. He crossed his arms and scowled playfully at the Dragon-bloods, raising a single index finger. "Although, as a performer, I cannot simply tell you in base and plain tongue, for something of this grand, heroic caliber needs a proper medium! And that MEDIUM...." He suddenly flipped up out of your vision onto the rooftop. "Is MUSIC!!" Shortly, you hear a melody that sounds as if it comes from a flute or other such instrument. He began tapping out a slow beat with his foot. A few seconds later, a sweet, high voice carries over the street, capturing the attention and interest of everybody that can hear. The song bespoke of high adventure and the allure of reaching the destination.

Grunting in annoyance at his presumption to delay them, the Dragonlings walk closer to listen. The one in exquisite crimson armor that had spoken before and was harshly interrogating the peasants looks away, obviously not amused at the antics and impatient to continue. Another wearing a light blue tunic adorned with intricate swirls of gold seems enraptured by the performance, listening intently to the words as they are sung. The others, one in a deep emerald armor and the last owning a breastplate similar to the first in both color and design, simply listen to the music as it drifts throughout the neighborhood. They aren't particularly interested, but they don't look bothered by it. All the villagers are standing around listening, thoroughly enjoying it.

As the song continues, you feel that something isn't right. You feel your will and determination being drained and broken down slowly as if nothing is important other than listening to the song. You're not sure how or why, but you're certain that it isn't natural and if you continue to listen, you may find yourself listening despite your wishes. Though, you could simply be playing tricks on yourself what with being intoxicated and all. And besides, maybe the song is supposed to make people want to listen. Aren't most songs designed to make people want to listen? Maybe nothing really is wrong. Anyway, you find the performance to be enjoyable and feel content to stand and listen for the moment.

1w drained. Spend 1w to resist the performance and do anything significant other than listen.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Carede listened happily to the music, it was...enchanting. Something about that thought seemed off. He found himself swaying back and forth on his heels for a moment before he realized what he was doing. He looked at the Dragon-Blooded at the street, and frowned. Were they doing this? No, more likely the ma-that really was a catchy tune, he'd have to see if the player could teach him later, it seemed to swoop and swing erratically, yet somehow maintained a smooth dignity.

Wait.

Teach him to play? The only thing he had ever played on before was false hopes, how on earth had he come to think of learning from this? The music was distracting him..he knew he shouldn't listen but...it was quite enticing. Leaning back for a moment more he enjoyed the gentle tunes before his eyes fell on the Dragon-Blooded in crimson, clearly impatient and almost...zealous? No, he needed his full attention here, or he rather suspected his full head would be on a pike later. Closing his eyes, he quietly distanced himself from his emotions, deadening the effect the music had upon him. He breathed in once or twice before opening his eyes. He could still hear the music but now it was just a part of the background, something there, but unimportant.

He briefly ran over his options. The Dragon-Blooded were here. There had been a Solar Exalt openly displaying his nature earlier. They were almost certainly dispatched here to deal with that. He however, wanted them to either be gone, or to keep a respectful distance from him. The best way he could think of to do that would be to instill fear in them.
What could a mortal, alone and unaided do to cause several...probably Dynasts to fear him, or at least have a healthy respect for him?
He thought of his own past for a moment. Right, absolutely nothing.
Ooookay...
Then, what could a mortal, with no visible aid, and some very powerful connections do?
Ah.

He wandered over to the impatient looking Dynast. He didn't face the man directly, his new persona wouldn't, and he didn't speak loudly, but he was quite sure his voice would make it to his ears.
"My lord, I am awed by you and your compatriots mighty presence, and most certainly unworthy of your august attentions." he said, slipping smoothly back into his native tongue "However I regrettably must ask that you and your compatriots withdraw from the immediate area for the time being, your personage's commanding presence, is having an untoward effect on a currently ongoing matter. Rest assured however that the matter will conclude shortly, and my compatriots and I will be more than happy to find the information you so clearly seek. Indeed dealing with such...rabble as this hardly suits persons such as yourselves. We however deal with information...often."

Carede now looked at the man out of the corner of his eyes, and drew out a handful of coins. Not much, but easily enough to buy a few rounds of good beer, or other entertainments, and casually rolled them about in one hand.

"In the meantime might I suggest The Stone and Shoe Inn someway back? The inn-keep keeps a fine taproom and the waitresses can be very affectionate, if one approaches them properly."

He hoped he wasn't sweating as much as he thought he was. Then again seeing as how the square wasn't a small lake he couldn't be. Most of him was terrified, posing as member of the Realm's secret police, lying straight to a Dragon-Blood's face, and deliberately interfering with a Wyld Hunt. Even ignoring the fact that he was a Sola- an Anathema, he had just earned the death penalty. About seven times over. The rest of him however was somehow...happy. Creation was where he ate and slept, but this is where he lived, making up the world as he went along, reaching into people's head and planting hopes, dreams, and thoughts. Now if he didn't get busted, and this Dragon-Blood was willing to bunk off for a night of revelry while loyal servants did his work for him, he might just get out of this alive.

((1 wp spent. And just to make it clear, native tongue=High Realm.))
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 am

You walk through the crowd of thoroughly captivated villagers toward the Terrestrials, directly to the most annoyed, unpleasant one with plan in mind, venturing toward your fears to be rid of them.

You begin speaking and he turns on his heels, glaring at you, but as your words continue, the indignation used upon the commoners fades into the composure of one listening at any number of the most formal of events. He visibly calms himself as he listens, considering your words carefully, then eying the coins first with a bit of disgust, then with nearly an acceptance. After a few moments of consideration he responds calmly though with a hint of irritation.

"Convincing though you may be, this is a personal matter. This is not merely a hunt for pride or glory, but for the preservation of my dignity." His face becomes a slight scowl, "Besides, I care not for what the Realm commissions or what it's Monks do. I care only for what happens to this Forsaken One as my honor rides upon it. Now, if you'll excuse me, we are listening and watching for information that can help us find our prey, not distractions from it."

At that, the taller man turned around to listen to the music as if it had suddenly gained importance to him.

That was a +2 die stunt whose roll succeeded and he ignored. The stunted outcome failed, so no motes or willpower were gained (if you'd had any to gain in the first place).
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Carede frowned at the Dynast's response. In another time and place he would have been glad to walk away, but here and now he was...many things. Intrigued by the man playing the music that could twist minds so, angry at the Dynast, not for any particular reason, but with his life he didn't think he needed to be too specific anymore, and...tired, tired of running from city to city, tired of always looking over his shoulder, tired of always expecting his past to catch up to him, and finish the job it had started. For once he just wanted to win, rather than walking away with his tail between his legs.

He spoke again, and this time he could feel the power gifted him resonating in his words.

"Very well, a deal then. I have word of your quarry. Multiple sources cite him heading south south, towards Thorns. After listening to the music you shall leave, taking your companions with you, and not returning, nor interfering in my business again. Greater forces than you are prepared to stand against are involved."

1wp and 10m from personal pool spent to fuel a Hypnotic Tongue Technique
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:56 pm

As you begin speaking, the tall warrior turns back toward you again, listening as he did before. He seems to be getting somewhat annoyed if the scowl on his face is any indication. After hearing your words and considering them for a moment, his scowl fades into ...anticipation?

"As long as you leave that bastard to me, I don't care what the heck you do."

With that, he turns back to the music, whispering a few things in the nearest Dragon-Blood's ear.

+1 Stunt bonus. Possible reward for the Stunt suspended pending their actions.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:11 pm

With a gentle smile and an agreeable murmur Carede wandered back into the crowds, taking a circuitous route back to the tavern, and once in, ascending the stairs trying to find a window that would let out onto the roof. How the blaze had the singer gotten up there anyway?
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 pm

After walking through the crowd and out to where you could see the tavern entrance again, you notice that the musician had somehow descended from the roof without interrupting his music. He now stands in the tavern entrance, the smoke from inside billowing out around him. A tankard sits on the ground in front of him acting as a collection container for any donations the villagers wished to make.

Looking more closely, you notice, to your astonishment, that it is not the man that sings (he's too busy playing his flute), but the lemur that is sitting on his shoulder, bobbing back and forth in a manner that is so cute and adorable that you just want to go up and squeeze it.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Carede looked at the man and the monkey. He needed to stop their singing, but not be caught about it. To stop it, but not actually be seen or connected with it stopping.

He heard a little squeaking from his ankle and looked down. It seemed 'sedge had deigned to return to him, and so late at night the little blighter was rather active. Carede grinned. Reaching down he picked up the ferret and set it on his shoulders, murmuring instructions all the while. 'Sedge had barely been on his shoulder for 30 seconds before he slipped off again.
In the meantime Carede wandered about the crowd, trying to find a good place to watch his plan come together.

About a minute later he was rewarded by a most peculiar sight, that of a ferret suddenly leaping out of a cloud of smoke, in order to strike a lemur in a flying tackle.
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 pm

You watch in amusement as 'sedge catapults from the ground behind the performer in a display of billowing smoke and blurred fur. He rams into the lemur, throwing them both onto the ground, immediately stopping the singing. Visibly annoyed, the musician quickly ends his song and walks toward the crowd, especially the Dragonblessed that you just left as the lemur pries 'sedge off of it and runs away.

The amusement of a man pulls huge handfuls of blunts seemingly out of nowhere from within his robes as he glides directly toward the most crowded area, dispensing them generously as he is giving some sort of speech in an obviously hurried manner. You are only able to understand a few words from his frantic performance... Anashot, Nexus, marijuana, etc...

Peering quickly into your mind, you seem to remember a business in Nexus named Anashot Greenery. Is this the man who runs the company? As he steps away from the Dragonborn and into the rest of the crowd, you notice they have taken a few blunts, stuffed them into their robes, and begin leaving. Apparently your little trick worked wonders on them.

The villagers lining the streets are now crowding around the performer, obviously praising him and asking for a repeat performance. Many who received some of his weed have lit it, creating the foundation for a second low hanging cloud in the street.

You notice 'sedge scampering up your leg as he comes back from his accomplished mission, obviously happy with himself. He seems to have found a few of the coins that were 'lost' by random people in the crowd.

Regain 4m or 1 wp for the successful +2 die Stunt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar   Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carede Ahturana, BurningIce's Solar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next