Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exalted, General Information and House Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482
Exalted, General Information and House Rules Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Exalted, General Information and House Rules Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Exalted, General Information and House Rules Empty
PostSubject: Exalted, General Information and House Rules   Exalted, General Information and House Rules Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Starting up an Exalted Campaign occuring in the North.

As of now Solar, Lunar and Terrestrial Exalts will be accepted
Abyysal or Sidereals by petition from Entaris or Alazair. an they will have to do 90% o the work, since damned if I'm learning the rules for them too.

House Rules:

As of right now:
Solar and Lunar Exalts may not purchase any single Artifact with a rating over 3 dots at character creation.
By the same token they are limited to a 3 dot maximum in resources

Terrestrial Exalts get one free dot to spend in Backgrounds in anyway that reflects the impersonal backing of the Realm (i.e. Artifact, Resources....anything that could conceivably be inherited or bought with money.

I want this to reflect the fact that Terrestrials, particularly in the setting I'm making have MUCH greater access to funds, artifacts and backing than other Exalts.

After some words of warning and then a quick skimming of the Terrestrial Exalt book, I noticed they pretty much already have this. So just he Solar/Lunar restrictions apply.

I suspect more will be added later, as the need becomes apparent to me.

Beyond that I'm going with Vanilla Exalted, mostly because while I've read stuff I won't know the real...balance of it 'till I've actually mucked about with it for a bit.

Additionally I'm instituting something of a timing rule. Time is a bit...flexible in all RPs and it's not always clear what should be happening at what times. That said I would like to see posts made in a timely fashion.
Translation: If it's your been your turn for a week or more, and you haven't posted, nor given any explanation good reason why not then I will act for you, acting how I believe would be in your best interest given the knowledge and materials your character would have. I will of course, also attempt to not cause your character to do something they never would.

Anyone interested please turn in charater sheets via MSN, same format/pdf-thing used in Alazair's game.

If you didn't make one or forgot where to get the sheets they can be found here

STORYTELLER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO GIVE YOUR CHARACTER HANDLEBAR MUSTACHE IF YOU DID NOT DESCRIBE APPEARANCE IN CHARACTER SHEET.

Last edited by Burning_Ice on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alazair

Alazair

Number of posts : 72
Exalted, General Information and House Rules Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Exalted, General Information and House Rules Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Exalted, General Information and House Rules   Exalted, General Information and House Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Make certain to go there and download the character sheets anew. They have been updated since I got them and a few things have been fixed.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Exalted, General Information and House Rules Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Exalted, General Information and House Rules Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Exalted, General Information and House Rules   Exalted, General Information and House Rules Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Alternate History:
To set up the campaign I wish to run I'll be using a non-canon history, most of which is identical to the canon history, save or one change it's associated fallout.

In particular Gurgen Kaneko, more commonly known as The Bull of the North, a Dawn Caste Solar originally hailing from the Icewalkers, canonically managed to get some of the Icewalkers to band together in a rough and ready fashion, and made use of his, and their intimate knowledge of their ranges to not only elude and destroy the Wyld Hunt sent out to kill him, but to also completely destroy one of the Tepet Legions sent when the Wyld Hunt failed.

Canonically the above events happened quite recently, and Bull of the North was a rapidly rising power, that nonetheless was still relatively minor.

However in the history I will be operating from these events took place some 150 years ago. Bull has long since managed to completely unite the Icewalker tribes,(which has had the side effect of altering some of their traditions) and has weathered uncountable assassination attempts. Diplomatic channels have been opened, and though the Icewalkers are still fundamentally nomadic, enough permanent camps, fortresses, trading posts have been established that their nearby neighbors at least, recognize them as a country, even if one with rather nebulously defined borders.

There's more to come about this but I shall have to expound on it another time
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Exalted, General Information and House Rules   Exalted, General Information and House Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:14 pm

MOAR SIT REP.

Following a diplomatic squabble involving The Bull acquiring a relic from the First Age city of Crystal (which Haslanti has been slowly excavating for a very long period of time), The Bull retreated from public view, and his exact whereabouts are unknown, though assorted sub-chiefs and dignitaries of the Icewalkers claim to have contact with The Bull, holding the Icewalker nation to have an empty, but still operating throne.

However without the boundless charm and grace of even so rough a Solar as The Bull relations with neighboring nations soured, and now most nations, particularly the Haslanti regard the Icewalkers as little more than a pack of savage barbarians, a nation in name only, and not worthy of trust. They'll hold to their agreements (which so far consists mostly of rights of passage), but little love or trust exists between either party. Some few parties in both camps seek to mend the rift, but for the most part, each group would be happy to see the backs of the other.

Things continued in this fashion, each group not quite willing to cut ties with the other, out of respect of those who forged the bond if nothing else, until some short while ago The Bull of the North re-entered the lime light, and began raising the Icewalkers to arms.

Fearing an invasion the Haslanti raised their own banners, while Gethamane's priests rebuked both sides, a subtle fortification of the mountain fastness was an obvious sign of fear to all. Whitewall in the meantime has taken the view that they are still surrounded by undead, and, should someone invade them, they will inherit the same problem, as such busied themselves with trying to clear out the local backlog before the seemingly inevitable wave of death bolstered the undead that already plagued them.

However not everyone reacted so impartially. The Realm, seeing one of the much feared Anathema raise an army, reacted strongly and declared they would finish what they started all those years ago. Learning somewhat from their mistakes in the past The Realm has bolstered the already extant Threshold Legions with a mish-mash of legions donated from across all of The Realm.

In the face of this new super-threat the Haslanti have become nervous and shaken, some advocate throwing in behind The Bull to fight off The Realm, others have advocated that declaring open war against the Haslanti may convince The Realm to leave them be.

In either case the Haslanti forces are not at open war with anyone right now, and as the winter snows fly, will have at least a few months to decide on a course of action.

The Icewalkers ARE at war with the Imperial Legions, though thus far all action has consisted of enough raiding to stop the Legions from being able to take any action, however with a whole winter to organize and consolidate behind city walls, it's clear that come spring, all hell is going to break loose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exalted, General Information and House Rules   Exalted, General Information and House Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exalted, General Information and House Rules
Page 1 of 1