Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.

Go down 
+2
XOotie
Chaoswizkid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415
Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Empty
PostSubject: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Again, this will go post by post:

Burning Ice: Great and deep introduction. I would assume "Barkot" would be "Blakoth". I'll post a topic later on the decided lore and pantheon for the arena, if the RP Council so chooses to adopt it. Other than that, it's still a great post.

Xootie: Slight grammar infraction, nothing too serious. Good post otherwise.

Burning Ice: Great post, have you developed an entire language? We may just have to adopt you into the RP Council... or at least include you in something extra. =P. Still, great job.

Xootie: I'm not sure who's fault this is, but it appears there was a misunderstanding about the position of the characters. I would think they'd see eachother much sooner, unless the fod is that thick, even if Ursong had just landed. Please try to use proper grammar, refrain from using "i dunno who u r" and things of the like.

Burning Ice: Great post once more, although I remind you that you don't have to be explicit about it being an illusion unless your opponent can sense it.

Xootie: You seem to use OOC knowledge a little bit, but I can understand that Winion would have noticed, so there's no infraction there. Also, over the course of your turn it appears 10+ seconds have passed, which is quite a long time. It should have ended when Winion turned into wings and you ascended in the air (Unless of course it was agreed upon that you could do that with your opponent).

Burning Ice: Excellent post, ended perfectly, grammar well kept.

Xootie: Torin never "Dove to the ground", or so it wasn't stated. I do like that you allow yourself to fall under the effect rather than try to pull someway to avoid it. Also, this post seems to take a while. It'd probably be best if it was reworded to fit in a better time allowance.

Burning Ice: Good post, although to me it seems the distance wouldn't allow a strike, unless he was slowly jabbing as he ran, intending to fully injure the target.

Xootie: This is confusing, you say it's too late, then you go for a spell, then you get hit. Unless Winion transforms nearly instantly, this post also seems to take too much time. Good post otherwise.

Burning Ice: I'm not 100% familiar with your character, but he can open grey spaces at will rather easily? If so, no problem.

Xootie: The grey space cube was formed around your head, not your body, so this is a misunderstanding. Also, what about Torin's knives? Slight grammar infraction.

Burning Ice: Good post. Not much to say.

Xootie: Shouldn't your hand be broken? You blocked a staff with your hand, and you FLEW somewhere? Also, is wind strong powerful enough to crack earth?

Burning Ice: The staff hand thing still confuses me. Other than that, excellent use of logic to place your character in the state you placed him in.

Xootie: Decent post, nice way to leave. I like it's logic.

Burning Ice: Wow, I'm impressed. Great logic used here. I didn't think you were injured during the fight though, or at least I didn't see where it was explicitly stated.

Personal advice:

Burning Ice: ... Advice? Do you really need advice? I couldn't really see much other than the last mistake, but even then that may be my fault for not noticing. Perhaps have a bit more in each post, a tad more detail, so we can get more involved.

Xootie: Little grammar improvement, and I misunderstood several of the things you posted, so I'll have to lay off the advice until they are explained.

Assessment:

I approve Burning Ice for the arena. Wholly. He meets all the requirements, he uses excellent logic, and I welcome him into our small RP family.

I'll wait for judgement on Xootie until everything is explained.

My judgements are subject to change by the other members of the RP council.
Back to top Go down
XOotie

XOotie

Number of posts : 200
Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:51 pm

ill stat with the last post and move up abit.. then post later
anyways with the staff thing when ursong was in free fall he was gathering up wind energy around his fist. the other hand was charging up a sphere. the outcome i was planing to was to distract him creating a sort of shockwave when my fist hit the ground. hopefully long enough to hit him with the wind sphere causing internal damage to a degree. however i didnt do that because it was too long. so when the staff came ursong redirected his fist to block staff with the wind energy still charged thus creating the effect in the midair. pushing both characters back in my case flying back. Now with the sphere he divided it to smaller spheres which he sunk into the ground which traveled along the ground and then suddenly bursted up in beams of wind (includes the rock) thus creating that effect. it was using the cracks in the ground to exploit.

ok so with the grey space that was probably a misread sorry about that. If u've seen the some of the common spells ursong gust wall is mentioned. It blocks the projectiles while pushing the user back. (i know it sorta used ooc knowledge). So i think the knives would have dropped or just flown away lol

ill post up more once i remember what my intentions in my post were
Back to top Go down
XOotie

XOotie

Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:09 pm

double post sry

ok so with winion's transformation think of it like pokemon evolving but a faster and more prettier rate.
with the too late bit i didnt actually cast a spell the wind shuriken was already formed in the last post before that. The shield works both ways making me unable to see torin and him me. So when the staff suddenly appeared ursong could barely block it still taking some damage from the staff.

hmmmm i seemed to have read that he did dive to the ground. In any case ill reword that so it seems not as long

Well i didnt talk to BI about it so it just went on also torin had his own tricks for anti air warfare

well to explain the strangeness think of it that torin and ursong had things on their minds and didnt notice till they saw eachother.Grammar is always been one of my problems ill try to make it better with more battles and ill try to not to use those phrases

i think i covered most things try to please keep track of my explanations. Grammar will improve it time hopefully
Back to top Go down
doomcowgod

doomcowgod

Number of posts : 170
Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:23 pm

1. Xootie, use punctuation please.
2. Now you can review me + alex right?
Back to top Go down
https://rokk.darkbb.com
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482
Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:24 pm

Just to clear up some things you said were confusing:

Why I didn't see Xootie: Torin's BLIND(well more or less..). He didn't see Ursong all fight long. And since expanding the sense of movement too far can result in severe mental strain(volume increases exponentially, tracking so many movements etc. Too big and it can get as bad as the dust storm) he keeps it in a sort of fluid half bubble around him about 10-15 ft radius(yes he can make it other shapes, like tubes to "see" far away without breaking his mind but he had no reason to at the time), since Ursong was in a tree he was even closer than the far point of the bubble's edge(horizontally at least...) before Torin caught him.

Yeah "barkot" is blakoth, Torin's a foreigner so the name's not familiar to him, also I read the Tuv/Crom/Alex trial fight and decided to use the slaughter at the deserts (which they said the druids were part of) as an excuse for no Druids to interrupt the fight.

No I haven't made an entire language, I'm basically mixing in the feel and flow of Old Irish with nonsense words.

Yes he can open Gray-Space portals easily. He can open around 50 at once, though the more he opens the less accurate the placement. I know it seems like a lot but remember each individual portal caps out around 1'x1'. So it's mostly so he can make "screens" of them

Staff Stuff: His staff is about 6 feet in length, so while it's not a particularly deadly weapon in and of itself it has significant range, he made a thrust with it while running towards Xootie so he could attack from a fair distance. and the "rush" part was a use of Torin's skill "Agile Rush" which lets him cover large tracts of ground very quickly. It's in his bio.

Staff-Hand thing: Normally you hold a staff roughly at the middle and use both ends. When making a thrust you hold it about 2/3 of the way down. Torin was holding the very end of the staff, and swinging it much like a baseball bat. As for Xootie's retaliation I assumed it was much like a tornado packed into a ball which he brought up block the staff. When the staff hit it the ball "detonated" and pushed both Xootie and the staff away. Since Torin was attached to the staff it would have made his "swing" suddenly and violently go in a reverse and upwards (since he brought his hand up) direction (sending him spinning and off his feet) before he lost his grip on it.

Injuries: Torin's a whiner, he's not seriously injured but has some bruising and abrasions from 1) getting knocked off his feet like that 2) crawling around in a forest when more or less completely blind. Just hurting in general nothing that actually needs healing.

And finally: Thank you very much. Nice to be welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:00 pm

For BI:
The whole seeing thing was mostly for Xootie.

Ah, understood about the ability.

Lol, bonus for staying in character. We just have to wait for some other RP Council members.

As for Xootie:

Let's see what the other RP Council members say.
Back to top Go down
XOotie

XOotie

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:18 pm

have u guys decided yet?
Back to top Go down
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:43 pm

I MIDGETNINJA FOUNDER OF THE ARENA DO DOTH SOLEMNLY DECREE THAT THE FALLOWING SHALL BE SEEN AS LAW FROM HENCE FORTH;

BI: APPROVED

XOOTIE: ALSO APPROVED, PROVIDED BRONKOR GIVES A THIRD VOTE
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerisle.org
XOotie

XOotie

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:46 pm

well i want it to be non canon so yeah.....
yay im approved again...
Back to top Go down
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Provided Bronkor agrees with my agreement......>_> <_<

I HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerisle.org
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

Number of posts : 352

Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:26 am

I do approve, since the idea is of the character and whatnot is good, as is your idea of how to rp.

However I must press this, as this killed me a little inside...

"i don't know who u are stranger but you're in my way" He called back in common.

By Odin's bloody eye, take just a little time with each post to improve your grammer.
Back to top Go down
XOotie

XOotie

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 5:27 am

lol i will in future
Back to top Go down
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

Number of posts : 352

Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:16 am

Well then,other than that, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.   Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena Assessment: Burning Ice and Xootie.
Page 1 of 1