Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM

Go down 
+2
Burning_Ice
Chaoswizkid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415
Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Empty
PostSubject: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by post:

Doom: Good post.

AlexM: Good post, but I'm going to post how you SHOULD have written your posts, with grammar fixes.

Quote :
The desert terrain ended as soon as it started. The forest landscape presented a beautiful green sight to the sword, although meaningless - He hates everything beautiful except if it shows the perfection of something, like the perfection of a weapon or perfection of a force.
The green forest was only disturbed by a pleasant red painted point. A garrison, set on fire, smelling of blood and despair as well as of chaos power. Since the accident in the desert Sword had nothing to do except to walk straight, so why not go in and take a look at this unknown power.
Just by nearing the garrison the power Sword felt was growing much stronger, some kind of horrible chaotic strength that was brute, raw, and unformed dwelled there. As the Sword's eye looked upon it's source he wasn't able to believe it - a humanoid being. How could a mere human obtain such power? Sword knew that this being wouldn't be an easy enemy.
The person that the power came from stopped. Sword prepared for a fight.
That's most of the grammar fixes, although the style is also slightly flawed.

Doom: Ease off the WH40k references. Warp? A bit much. Otherwise good post.

Alex: Would your character really say "Oh crap"? Also, still some grammar infractions. Also, your post should have ended sooner. That, and I notice that Alex isn't able to 'blink', and you need to stop calling it 'blink'.

Doom: Good post. Not much wrong with it.

Alex: Decent post, minor spelling mistakes (That I could see, I'm kinda rushing through these post assessments). Needs more detail.

Doom: Good post still.

Alex: Decent post, grammar/spelling mistakes, could use more detail. Try to use quotation marks or italics/bold to signify statements.

Doom: Again with the warp. Still, you maintain great RPing.

Alex: Doom said he brought the axe up... you couldn't predict where it was going to land, so there's a misunderstanding there. More detail is needed. Grammar/spelling.

Doom: Good post.

Alex: Again with the blinking. Spelling/grammar.

Doom: Maintaining goodness.

Alex: More blinking... Try not to say something and then post something else to sycnhonize it with. Just do things in the correct order. Spelling/Grammar.

Doom: Warp... Post should have technically ended at the block. Otherwise, good.

Alex: Decent post despite all the grammar/spelling.

Doom: Warp... Ended well, good post.

Alex: "It'll be a waste, but worth it"... That contradicts itself. Ended well. Decent post. Grammar/spelling.

Doom: Should have ended as the axe and spell collided unless it was discussed between you what would happen.

Alex: Decent post. Still plagued with grammar/spelling.

Doom: Really? You broke through several trees and you're not even injured at all? Also, you talked about the Warp again. Other than that it's still a good post.

Personal Advice:

Doom: You maintained RPing skills, but perhaps include a bit more with each post. Also, Warp is a bit too much related to WH40k. Try to know limitations, I mean even a berserker would feel SOMETHING from going through trees, and surely be hurt even if they didn't feel it. This isn't DBZ.

Assessment:

I believe Doom should be seriously considered for approval, but I'd like the recommendation from another member of the RP council first.

As for Sword... I reserve judgement until everything is addressed including the whole 'dlink' thing.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482
Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:06 pm

I think the blink thing is a limited teleportation. In other words the wc3 definition of blink.
...thats gonna be annoying as hell to counter
Back to top Go down
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

Number of posts : 209
Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:11 pm

You could always Meta it to where he teleports into a rock or something >_<
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerisle.org
XOotie

XOotie

Number of posts : 200
Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:23 pm

..... i dont think we should make teleportation the disadvantage of teleporting into a rock or something..... how about like he has charges? so say he has like 5 at the start of the fight and etc.etc.etc.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:27 pm

don't want to overuse Meta, it could become imba very easily.
...however an amusing thought HAS occurred.
I understand SoTa is trapped in Heph's sword. I understand this is done via runes and seals
Now who do we know that could potentially break runes and seals on a sword? It would have to be someone who's skilled in the use of runes. And has the ability to effectively de-enchant a sword.
Hmm. I wonder who it could be.
What a Face
Back to top Go down
doomcowgod

doomcowgod

Number of posts : 170
Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:28 pm

So tone back abit on the OMG RAWR of his actions and add more OMG RAWR to my posts?
Back to top Go down
https://rokk.darkbb.com
XOotie

XOotie

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:35 pm

..... how bout we get torin to seal MS in a sword instead? now that'll be fun or shove him into heph's sword? they'll be able to talk for centuries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:36 pm

MS is an uber-powerful enchanted item of great power surrounded by dark energy. Short of him willingly walking through a "screen" of gray-space portals(which would rip MS's intelligence and the dark energy from the sword itself and seperate all three) Torin can't really do too much without applying runes directly to MS himself. which would require that he's beat to the point that all that dark energy dissipates.
So if any of you think you can beat the crap out of him and his soon to be army of possesed peasents (which I think once again walking through grayspace would un-posses them, not sure though, would have to find out more about the possesing process) then get the sword to Torin before it regenerates then...feel free
Back to top Go down
doomcowgod

doomcowgod

Number of posts : 170
Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:55 pm

When Krasht beats him to bloody, destroyed, dessicated pulp, you're welcome to try.
Back to top Go down
https://rokk.darkbb.com
AlexM

AlexM

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:26 pm

I wrote what blink means in sword's physics back in GI. Blink is no actual blink but the ability of sword to burst speed for part of second moving short distances that way. Because of the speed of that move it almost looks like he is teleporting but it's still visible that he moves, not teleports. He cant do anything while blinking and can blink through anything.
Back to top Go down
XOotie

XOotie

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 am

.... but ure not actually blinking ure just like doin a burst of speed at hyper velocity....

also torin could just make a dome of grayspace then layer and layer over it thus trapping him.
Back to top Go down
AlexM

AlexM

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 am

Ooops typo, i did mean he CANT'T blink through something.
Back to top Go down
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 pm

I second Doom's approvaldomnessleet
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerisle.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM   Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena Assessment: Doomcowgod and AlexM
Page 1 of 1