Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realms of Kar'Kaish

An entirely original immersive roleplaying world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kazemura Dyso - Xael

Go down 
+2
Chaoswizkid
Xael
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xael

Xael

Number of posts : 313
Location : Where willows whisper wistfully while winds wail with woe
Kazemura Dyso - Xael Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Kazemura Dyso - Xael Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Kazemura Dyso - Xael Empty
PostSubject: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Family name: Kazemura

Given name: Dyso

Appearance: He has a well built physique. His has dark tanned skin, pure white hair, and piercing red eyes. He usually wears a worn brown cloak which hides his face. Underneath, he wears rust colored leather armor. Across his chest he has 12 throwing daggers. In his belt he has 3 knives and a fourth concealed in his left boot. On his back is a steel spear.

Fighting style: Dyso is a strategist. He mainly uses his throwing daggers, on which he inscribes his runes(but usually only simple ones) during battle. Should the enemy get too close, he will use his spear. Even then, he doesn't really attack with it, but is more defensive. He might use it simply to block or deflect attacks or use it to perform acrobatic evasion(i.e. pole vaulting). With the hook, should he have an opening, he would try to disarm his opponent. If for some reason, he can't evade efficiently, he will use it and his knives for close combat. He uses the knives to stab his opponent quickly after making an opening with his spear. When faced with a missile, he can use either his runes, his spear, or his knives to deflect it. He can uses his runes quickly to create a cusion of dense air should he see the attack coming. With the use of his bracelet, he can also spin his spear and knives quickly. Should it come to magical attacks, he may easily be defenseless. He only ever encountered one other type of magic in his homeland, which in all likelyhood, will never appear here.

Skills: Dyso is a master of runes. His runes work like programs and code do. The more complex the command, the longer it takes to inscribe the rune. Something complex like a golem can take up to 3 weeks, while simple things like altering density or inertia can take only seconds. The runes cannot be applied directly to sentient organisms. When he inscribes a rune, he uses a certain 'frequency' of magic. To activate the rune, he must apply this same 'frequency' again. This is called 'locking' and 'opening' runes.

Items: Dyso has a bracelet imbued with runes to speed up his hand motions(to write his runes faster mainly).

Weapons: 12 throwing daggers, 3 open knives, 1 concealed knife with a mostly finished vampiric rune(explained in history), and a steel spear(65 and 5/9 inches long plus a 12" long 3" wide blade on one end and a bladed hook on the other) inscribed with runes making it nigh unbreakable.

History: Dyso was once a hunter of another world. One day, he was sent looking for a village child only to be knocked unconscious by some unknown person. When he came to, it was night. He returned to town only to find that his best friend had been brutally murdered. From the looks of it, it was more than one person. It was as though every villager(about 30 people) had played a hand in it. Desperately, he inscribed a piece of wood with a healing rune. Just as he applied it though, an errant ember from a nearby fire altered the rune's form(at this point, Dyso wasn't in the habit of locking his runes) and the vampiric rune was born. He received what little life still stirred in his friend's body, as well as some fragments of his memory. Enraged, Dyso torched the village and killed everyone that tried to escape. Only later did it occur to him that he didn't even know why his friend had been killed. Nor could he ever. Until he came to understand the power of the vampiric rune. It stole three things from its victim; their life, their memories, and their will. In order to keep his sanity, Dyso must constantly fight against the wills of those whose lives he had taken with the rune. He decided that the only way left for him to understand what happened that night was to find the 'equation' that governed reality. The only way to do this, was to see reality from as many different sides as possible. Thus, he set out stealing the lives and memories from many people in his homeland until two people banished him to this world(although not specifically. They just wanted him out of their world). He now seeks a path to return to his own world.

Vampiric rune notes: To use this rune, Dyso inscribes it on some inanimate object(usually a knife) and has it come into contact with the target's blood. If he isn't touching the object when the contact occurs, it will either sprout leaves and twigs, or form crystals of its base components depending on whether it is made of wood or mineral. The life granted by the rune doesn't make him invulnerable, but immortal. After a while, 'fatal' injuries will heal themselves. If it comes to the worst case scenario(annihilation), a great deal of life will be spent to construct a replica from scratch. From his activities in his home world, he has about 1024 years of life in him.

Victims' will notes: When Dyso uses the vampiric rune, it will absorb that persons will. It would act similar to a conscience. Sometimes they will be 'tamed' should Dyso indulge them. But if he uses the vampiric rune too much, he may be overcome by these wills, so he uses it only on people he deems to have lots of experiences(memories) or in emergencies.

Runes: Dyso's rune system is really rather simple. It's like programming. There are objects in the world, all of which have variables(mass, volume, density, hardness, tensile strength, magnetic vectors, etc.). What the runes do is access and modify these variables. With enough time(a lot of time), he can also create his own variables, and even methods. For example, he could add variable _Armor to a tree. He could then define _Armor to be the tree's resistance to hatchets. So now, the tree could gain immunity from being chopped down by a hatchet. However, a saw or other tool could still be used just as easily. But in order to create _Armor, he would also have to define what a hatchet is. To describe such a thing in runes, he would require weeks of inscribing, as well as a huge tree to inscribe them onto. Methods could be easier to add. He could just add a method to a rock telling it to shatter after a set time, as defined in terms of the rock's half-life. Since all the variables are in the rock from the start, he only needs to give it a new rule to obey. The amount of work that the rune needs to do must be matched by the force with which he opens the rune.

Last edited by Xael on Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to fix random page breaks that were being seen.)
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

Number of posts : 415
Kazemura Dyso - Xael Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Kazemura Dyso - Xael Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 pm

From first looks, it's an interesting character. However, until it applies to the correct format, with actual grammar usage, I refuse to evaluate it in any way. Also, welcome Xael.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

Number of posts : 482
Kazemura Dyso - Xael Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Kazemura Dyso - Xael Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Spacing between paragraphs and sections, capitalization where appropriate, a few spelling corrections.
Format is viewable under character section but in case you missed it

Name:
Class: (If applicable)
Appearance:
Fighting Style:
Abilities/Skills:
Items/Artifacts: (If applicable)
(Any other information that may be needed): (If applicable)
History:
NPC's and Related characters: (possibly the other two you mentioned?

Also you and I are going to have to talk to sort out this rune business, Torin's rune's and Dyso's work entirely differently, so we either need o rename yours (Sigils maybe?). Or find some other way to work it out.

Finally the vampiric rune sounds like an instant kill, or at least an inevitable one (once struck your gonna die since if it fuses with your blood you can't very well remove it...)
Back to top Go down
Xael

Xael

Kazemura Dyso - Xael Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Kazemura Dyso - Xael Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:35 pm

okay, i edited it for space, as far as NPCs go, there won't be much oppurtunity for the two people who banished him to show up... what is it that i'm missing? and can i get a more accurate description than "actual grammar usage"?
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:53 pm

Punctuation, Capitol letters at beginning of a sentence, make sure to actually form sentences, use correct spelling, etc.

This is what we would like to see:

"So he danced, his blade drawn, the air shifting with his every move, his every cut an extension of the wind. The pain he caused... oh... the pain..."

Or even:

"He went to town. Suddenly, he noticed to use of spelling and grammar in the description of his own actions and rejoiced."

And this is not:

"and he dance and he moved with wind and cut with a sword and caused pain oh and for the sake of an example im using no punctuation or ending a sentence just so you can get the general idea and his name is steve just so u kno"
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:16 am

Okay, I actually gave you capitalization using my mighty admin powers. Your sentences are still short and one would do for many in several places, but technically work.

You don't say anything about how he actually fights.
He wields a spear.
And?
Torin has a similar weapon which he uses in a manner reminiscent of a staff rather than a spear. How does Dyso use his? Slash heavy? Thrust heavy? Does he keep his distance and strike from afar or does he use it's weight to his advantage and get in close?
Does he know any spells? How does he deal with ranged attacks?

Oh and you need to nix the immortality. The closest we'll allow is that if allowed he will completely regen. There must be some way to stop the process.

Your vampiric daggers are pretty much guaranteed kills so you'll have to add some clause so they can't work on the other players.

Did you read the pre-existing characters? I know for a fact that this character is original on your part but you have to admit there ARE some striking similarities between a few of the other characters....
Back to top Go down
XOotie

XOotie

Number of posts : 200
Kazemura Dyso - Xael Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kazemura Dyso - Xael Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:18 am

i think u should modify the how u do the sentences. It hurts my eye when u cut half sentence then start a new one on a new line
Back to top Go down
Aerywyn

Aerywyn

Number of posts : 352

Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:41 am

On that note, I'm going to roam across the profiles and make them easier to read by doing what I did with mine (the bold fonts and stuff). The copy pasting made things a bit annoying.
Back to top Go down
MidgetNinjaX

MidgetNinjaX

Number of posts : 209
Kazemura Dyso - Xael Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kazemura Dyso - Xael Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Heh, sorry about that, I was just trying to get them over here, and worry about the style of them later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamerisle.org
Xael

Xael

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:56 am

Okay, I added the fighting style to the best of my ability. As for the vampiric rune, I can only assume that the other importent characters will be strong willed. Dyso would recognize this and wisely choose not to absorb it, as he wouldn't be able to control it and all the lesser wills he already has. So that should clear up the issue of a one hit kill. In regards to his runes and Torin's runes, it seems like the context would negate any ambiguity that might be caused by them having the same name. If not, then we could call them 'kanji', as I doubt that this world has Japan. As for the immortality, it isn't as though he immediately heals in battle. Each wound, would of course use up some of those years of life, but non-fatal injuries would have a negligable affect. Unless it's the case of a severed arm or something.
Also, if desired, I can make his history more detailed. The reason it's so short is because the first time I wrote this entire thing out, I lost it when the forum logged me out automatically. So then I was feeling a bit exasperated and as a result, made it much shorter(but the main points are still there).
Back to top Go down
Burning_Ice

Burning_Ice

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:22 am

Well with the addition of the fighting style and the one hit kill issue cleared up this looks good to me.
Giving your character minimal experience with magic fits with your story, but it may come to bite you in the ass (I'm looking at you Acria). Still it doesn't make you rigged(takes you in the opposite direction in fact) so it's your decision.
We can deal with runes on a trial by fire basis, so thats fine.
It is interesting to have a dedicated ranged character(even if it is knives as opposed to say, a bow) in the arena.

As for history feel free to expand it at your own pace(in fact we encourage you to do so) but not compelled, you can also further explore how your character interacts with what is a strange and new world in the arena RP section.
I'm also curious on where Dyso will land on the morality scale.

Will he be uptight and hold honor justice and virtue on high (Heph)? Will he go to any means to accomplish a goal(Aeywyn)? Will he be a crazy sunovabitch(Krasht)? Will he go farther than most people would but still thinks that there is a line you simply do not cross(Torin)?
I guess only time and violence will tell

I give this character my approval.
Now we wait for at least 1 more
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Well, just so you know Xael, grammar/spelling is a major part in the process. You just need to correct everything you currently have, it looks good, but it still needs corrections. Also, if you could, could you write a short article on YOUR rune system? It sounds like a good alternative, although it sounds like it needs a new name. Also, the placement of the different sections of the character sheet need to be in order (You can find the example in this board). I might need to see a few other things, but I have limited time as of now.

Also, BI, I'm unsure right now, but I think I'm the only one in authority to accept or reject (I was appointed Character Reviewal in GI, but that may have changed since. I'll need to talk to MN about it).

Also, Xael, I formally apologize to you, as the last time I posted on this your character sheet was really glitched, and had page breaks every other line. I heard from BI, though, and it seems only myself and a few others saw the page breaks, while BI and yourself did not. I've fixed it so that both poinst of view can see your character sheet well. So, my apologies.

Last edited by Chaoswizkid on Fri May 02, 2008 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xael

Xael

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Well, I corrected all the errors i could find in it and reordered it. It also describes the runes. Incidently, "bored" is either a verb or an adjective. The word you want is "board".
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:25 pm

I wrote it in haste, but thank you for that correction.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswizkid

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Alright... I've reviewed it, everything seems to be in order. I personally approve of your character, and since BI already pledged his support, you're now accepted into the Arena under probation. Congratulations, we hope to see more of you in the future, and we hope that you become a full fledged and contributing member.
Back to top Go down
Xael

Xael

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:56 am

Extended history:

Dyso was born in the town of Shussan to Kazemura Rieko and Kazemura Jin. He was raised as a child of nobility. He tried to play with the other children, but never really liked it. The other noble children were obsessed with their own wealth and flaunting it over his head. The middle class children only tried to use him for his money. The poor children were intimidated by him, and only ever acted like slaves. Try as he might, Dyso couldn't find a friend. It was thus that he spent most of his childhood alone. Until, once again, his mother gave birth. This time, it was twins; a boy and a girl. The boy was named Hysa, and the girl was named Yoniko. They had the same white hair and red eyes that Dyso had. Dyso was 6 when they were born. He couldn't really play with them, but he would talk to them, and he felt that they would listen and understand him. However, he also soon realized he only got this feeling when talking to both of them; one or the other alone would not offer anything.

Time passed, and Dyso grew to be 10. He and his siblings would often play together happily. Until the day of the fire. The trio returned home one day from playing in the woods to find their home ablaze. Yoniko began crying and tried to run into the fire to save their parents. Hysa held her back and tried to calm her down and reason with her. Dyso stood there, staring, with an eerie grin on his face. The next day, after the fire had been put out, the three of them were separated. Yoniko ran off on her own in the middle of the night. Hysa found a family to adopt him. Dyso left the town and became a hunter.

Dyso was 22 now. He had taken up residence in the town of Hajime. He lived with his best friend, Usui Tarou. The two of them had met when Dyso first arrived, and had been friends since. Almost every day, they would go out to hunt. The veldt that Hajime was in offered a wide variety of prey. They once even managed to take out a pride of lions using their bows and their wits. When they weren't hunting, they would study the ancient use of runes. The use of arcane characters to redirect reality using their chi. They never used the runes in their hunts, as it would take out all the challenge and fun. Rather, they studied medicinal uses for runes. They were getting close to being able to make a rune that could grant immortality.

One day, during their studies, a person came knocking. It was a villager telling them about a group of hyenas that were plaguing the farms. Dyso and Tarou set out immediately. By the time they got to the farms, the hyenas had run off in several directions, so Dyso and tarou split up to find them. It was night by the time Dyso decided he had kiled enough of them, and went to find Tarou. Tarou was nowhere to be found. Dyso was headed back to their house when he saw smoke. Heading to the source of it, he found horror. There was a bonfire. Tarou lay before it, bludgeoned, lacerated, and stabbed mortally. He was still barely alive. Despreately, Dyso took a chance. He tried to complete the immortality rune they had been working on. He carved it into one of his arrows, and pricked Tarou with the tip. Suddenly, the rune activated. Dyso reeled back in confusion. Flying into his head were images, sounds, smells, tastes, textures; all of Tarous memories. Including their rune research, With both of their memories combined, Dyso realized what the rune he had just made did. It had sucked what little life had remained in Tarou out, and placed it inside of himself, as well as the memories.

Dyso sat on the ground, confused. He couldn't remember anything that would make Tarou deserve this. The vilagers did this. He could remember from Tarous mind. They had ganged up and mobbed him. Tarou hadn't understood it either. Dyso flew into a rage. He carved friction runes into his arrows and started firing them at all the houses. As the arrows flew, they burst into flames. One by one, the houses in the town burned. Dyso hunted down and killed all those who tried to escape. By morning, he was the only one left alive. He thought back. He still didn't know the reason. He NEEDED to know the reason. He wasn't sure why, but he did. It became an obsession. He tried to find clues in the ruins of the village, but everything had been completely devoured by the flames. He meditated on what to do. Eventually, the answer came to him. In this world, everything moved as some sort of a pattern. A complex puzzle. He had almost no pieces of it himself. If he could get all the other pieces, he could fill in the missing ones. He could determine just what had happened that night. It was a long shot, but it was all the hope he had.

Hysa had been adopted into a family of religion. He was taught morality and justice constantly. He came to believe in these ideals, despite his lack of fundamental understanding of them. Hysa became strong at an early age. He was a prodigy with a sword. He could slice boulders in half. It wasn't through brute force though, he simply knew exactly where to strike it. He was given, on his 13th birthday, a daikatana. He wielded it in the name of justice, becoming a famous vigilante. By age 16, he was known and loved by all.

One day, Hysa heard of a mysterious happening. Town after town was dying. People were found in the towns with a single, non-fatal stab wound, but were dead nonetheless. He set out to investigate this, and for some reason, he thought of his elder brother. He was able to gather enough information about the towns, and plotted their positions and the order in which they had been killed. The path through them formed a spiral. the next town was easy enough to find.

Hysa arrived there just as Dyso had begun using his rune to drain the memories from people. Hysa jumped in and attacked immediately. Dyso easily dodged, and parried with his spear, sending Hysa flying to the ground. Hysa fought with all his might, but he could not beat Dyso. In fact, this was something of a game to Dyso. He dragged a small child out in front of Hysa, and killed the child right there to show Hysa how powerless he was. Hysa snapped. For a moment, he forgot about anything else but killing Dyso. He unleashed his ultimate technique; Tonkou. With 108 slashes, he turned everything to dust, except for himself and Dyso. Hysa collapsed in the middle of an empty field, and Dyso moved on to the next town.

Yoniko was raised by a medium after she ran away. She learned the use of tag magic, and even discovered her own latent abilities. She could manipulate reality as she saw fit. Of course, she also knew better than to try anything too large, lest it end up destroying her. When she was 13, she dyed her hair black, changed her name to Shiniko, and left on her own. She also became a vigilante of sorts, but rather an infamous one. She didn't have the same glorious tales of fighting bandit lords or corrupt lords that Hysa had. She dealt with the small evils. Without the same set of morals that Hysa abided by, she judged people solely on her instincts. Because of this, she became renowned to the public as a murderer, and only a hero to the individuals she had saved. Hysa had, of course tried to track her down, but she managed to evade him everytime, always 3 steps ahead of him.

One day, she too heard about the mysterious town-killings. She thought of Dyso immediately, but wasn't sure why. She let her instinct guide her, and ended up meeting Dyso in the next town she went to. Dyso was already draining people of their life. She called out to him to stop. She didn't want to have to fight her older brother. Dyso responeded by attacking her. Given no choice, she fought back. She conjoured up a storm to fill the skies. Black clouds billowed, rain poured down, and lightning abound. She used her magic tags to try and get a bolt of lighting to strike Dyso, but he managed to deflect her kunai into a vilager or house every time. Soon, she was lost in despair as the town had caught fire, and she olst control of the storm. The town was flooded that night, and all of its inhabitants died. Dyso left her and moved on to the next town.

Shiniko and Hysa decided they would meet. Neither of them contacted either, but they both knew where to meet. The next town on the spiral; Shussan. Dyso stood in the rubble of their old house, awaiting them. An epic battle ensued. Hyas would try to corner Dyso, and Shiniko would try to hit him with magic. Then they would switch. Their teamwork was infalable, and they matched Dysos strength perfectly. The final blow used the ultimate combination of their latent abilities. Hysa, maintainer of Order, and Shiniko, Wildcard of Chaos tapped in to the very fabric of reality itself, and bansihed Dyso from their world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kazemura Dyso - Xael   Kazemura Dyso - Xael Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kazemura Dyso - Xael
Page 1 of 1